Below is a list of current employment opportunities at Billington Barristers.
November 9, 2016
Litigation Assistant for Litigation Practice
Billington Barristers is seeking a Legal Assistant to join our busy litigation law firm. In this role you will be part of the administrative team providing support to our litigation lawyers and articling student. Duties include:
- organizing and preparing correspondence, documents and pleadings (paper and electronic)
- digital dictation
- document and file management
- communicating with clients and opposing counsel
- maintaining calendars, tracking deadlines and expediting workflow
- scheduling, coordinating and confirming meetings (including court dates, discoveries, judicial dispute resolutions, client appointments)
- other related duties
The successful candidate must be a graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant program with 1 – 5 years of recent experience and should possess:
- familiarity with a commercial litigation practice
- previous experience providing administrative support in litigation
- highly developed organizational and planning skills
- proficient in Microsoft Office and document management processes
- excellent time management skills
- a focus on client service
- exceptional interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- an attention to detail
- the confidence to take initiative
- the ability to work independently and as a team member
To apply, please forward your resume with a covering letter to Monique Efonoff at email@example.com. For more information on this opportunity to join the Billington Barristers team, visit our website at www.BillingtonBarristers.com or phone 403-930-4108.
Mid-Level Litigation Lawyer
Billington Barristers invites applications for a mid-level litigation lawyer.
Billington Barristers is a litigation boutique and focuses on corporate and commercial litigation with a particular emphasis on corporate insolvency, oil and gas, injunctions, insurance and employment law. The firm’s practice is more fully detailed on our website at www.BillingtonBarristers.com. Billington Barristers offers an opportunity for significant commercial and corporate litigation experience working with experienced litigation counsel.
Interested candidates must have at least 5 years’ litigation experience, an established or partial client base and be a member of the Law Society of Alberta. Please submit your application with a Curriculum Vitae in confidence to Richard N. Billington, Q.C. at RBillington@BillingtonBarristers.com