Employment and Wrongful Dismissal
Billington Barristers’ team of employment law lawyers have a wealth of experience in providing comprehensive employment law advice. Our lawyers have worked with employers and with employees in negotiating and settling successful outcomes when the employment relationship comes to an end. Our services include:
- Wrongful dismissal and employment termination
- Interpretation of employment contracts
- Severance agreements
- Constructive dismissal
- Non-competition agreements and injunctions
- Non-solicitation agreements
- Short-term and long-term disability claims
- Provincial and Federal human rights complaints including acting as mediator or arbitrator
- Representation before all levels of Court in Alberta.
Further, our team can provide proactive, strategic employment law advice to assist in the development and implementation of comprehensive workplace employment policies including drafting:
- Employment law contracts
- Management agreements
- Independent consulting contracts
- Confidentiality agreements
- Disability and health insurance
- Workplace policies including harassment, discrimination, OHS and maternity leave policies.
Contact our team lead, Richard Hayles for more information or for a seminar on employment law in your workplace.